MEETING DATES 2020
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic – all club meetings will be held via Zoom. If you would like to join any of the Zoom meetings, please feel free to contact us.
18 August (AGM)
17 November (Year End)
SET SUBJECTS 2019
|Power in Colour|
Movement and Motion
Different Point of View
OUTINGS AND WORKSHOPS
Please note – due to the Covid-19 Pandemic – Outings and Workshops will be postponed until further notice.
For the most up-to-date information on outings and workshops hosted by the PPS, please visit our Facebook Page.
We have supplements our ‘Outings’ with a new and fun way of encouraging our members to continue with their Photography – in accordance with Lockdown regulations and staying home – by starting the ‘Innings’ category.
We meet via Zoom every Friday evening to discuss a topic and are given the task of taking photos according to the theme or topic.
This has been met with great enthusiasm from our members, as it has challenged everyone to ‘think outside the box’ – becoming more creative with their photography skills and growing as a photographer.
If you would like to join our Friday evening ‘Innings’ meetings, please contact us for more information.
END OF YEAR COMPETITION CATEGORIES
- Open category. It includes Architecture.
- Newsworthy, story-telling pictures including sport. Images may not be manipulated
- Living, natural organisms (undomesticated) in their natural habitats. Plants and animals included. No manipulation.
- Includes both Macro(close up pictures of any subjects) and Floral(Flowers in their natural state or under controlled conditions, not to include any landscape).
- Creative Photography:
- Achieving an artistic effect through colour and shape rather than recognisable reality.
- Outdoors scenes, land, sea, urban and cityscapes. Changing elements of the scene is not allowed.
- Includes both Animal and Human portraits. May be manipulated.
- Most Versatile:
- Entrants shall submit a panel of five (5) images each selected from five (5) different categories. These may include images entered for other awards.
- Best Beginner:
- Images shall have been entered in the 1-star section during the year.
- Best Monochrome:
- The best of monochrome entered in any of the categories
- Most Points:
- Winner of the points log.
- Best of the Year:
- All category winners will compete automatically